Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's for Dinner?


I have really taken up an interest in cooking, I'm not yet ready to say love. I love finding new recipes to try, so I decided I'm going to share the good ones that I find. I'm going to try to post my favorite of the week. Here is one I have made twice and really like it!

Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
from Southern Living

3 cups of chopped cooked chicken
1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 (8.75 oz) can no salt added corn, drained
1 (8oz) pkg shredded Mexican four cheese blend, divided
8 (8-in.) flour tortillas
2 (10oz) cans of enchilada sauce

1. Combine first 4 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange, seam side down, in a 13 x 9 dish coated with cooking spray.

2. Pour enchilada sauce evenly over tortillas, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
*Note: my husband doesn't like enchilada sauce over his so you could skip the sauce and just do cheese on top. Or a good queso would be good too!

3. Bake, covered, at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy H said...

I love finding new recipes, too! I'm going to start stalking your blog for new ideas(as if I didn't stalk it already). One thing we've done with chicken and black bean enchiladas is I've used green salsa instead of red sauce, and we REALLY like that.

Krista said...

Oh. I am SO loving this... keep it up!

Beck said...

Um yum. Keep them coming! I am always looking for new things to try. Being a SAHM has made me a good cook - lol!